White wine, like most alcohol products, has its impact on health. White wine has many of the same health benefits attributed to red wine, it just gets it done with different substances. Moderate consumption of any alcohol has potential positive impacts on health. Benefits of moderate alcohol consumption provided by the Mayo Clinic include the following:
• Reduce your risk of developing heart disease
• Reduce your risk of dying of a heart attack
• Possibly reduce your risk of strokes, particularly ischemic strokes
• Lower your risk of gallstones
• Possibly reduce your risk of diabetes
Moderate alcohol consumption is considered to be one drink/day for women and up to two drinks/day for men. All health care professionals will caution that if you do not drink, do not start as the risks associated with excess alcohol consumption outweigh the benefits.