dotFIT's FirstString™ passed NSF testing and met the requirements for certification, so that professional and/or amateur athletes and exercisers can benefit from this product without the concern of contaminants or undeclared ingredients. dotFIT sought the prized Certified for Sport™ seal of approval from NSF, which assures athletes that this product is free of contaminants and all substances banned by sports federations worldwide.
Leading sports leagues and associations like these have authorized their athletes to use NSF Certified for Sport™ supplements:
• Major League Baseball • NFL Players Association
• MLB Players' Association • The PGA and LPGA
• National Football League • Canadian Center for Ethics in Sports
The NSF Certified for Sport™ program has four key components:
• Banned substance screening for products intended for professional and elite athletes
• Good Manufacturing Practices audits of the production facility
• Toxicological reviews of the product’s formulation and substantiation
of any product claims
• Annual label claim tests to ensure the product is meeting its declared
nutritional values and is free from microbial and heavy metal contamination
The NSF Mark is only placed on products that meet all four of these components, and ongoing monitoring helps ensure continued compliance.
Only NSF offers a comprehensive program designed for participating manufacturers and their products that includes product testing for banned substances, label content confirmation, formulation and label review, production facility, and supplier inspections, as well as ongoing monitoring in line with substance prohibitive lists promulgated by WADA, NSF Annex A, NFL, MLB, and NCAA.
For information from the NSF site click here.