Besides drinking slightly less alcohol and/or spacing (at least an hour between drinks) your total consumption evenly throughout the event so your body has time to metabolize it before it gets you inebriated, there is no sure way to prevent that tired, sore and often fuzzy feeling, which can also include an acute bout of depression.
If you drink enough in a day, you will get some degree of the proverbial "hangover". That said, you can lessen the result by:
• 1st, if possible, eat a meal before bed and take a multivitamin & mineral formula (MVM)* followed by 2-3 aspirin
• 2nd, after rising and again taking 2-3 aspirin, eat something that appeals to you, take another MVM, have 1-3 cups of strong coffee (caffeine can increase the effects of aspirin and vice-versa)
If you want to go further to end/relieve the hangover, follow 3&4 immediately after step 2:
• 3rd, rest 2-hours (unless your job interferes - but you could nap at your desk) then consume a pre-workout shake
• 4th, 20-30mins after your shake, go exercise. I know it sounds tough, but do it. After exercise you will be amazed how good you feel thanks to endorphins and adrenalin.
So there you have it - this is the maximum guaranteed prevention/relieve method. Can't cure it, but certainly get you to forget about it and almost feel normal -and perfect the next day.
* Alcohol robs your body and brain of vitamins and minerals because they are needed to metabolize the alcohol and this significantly contributes to the hangover.